Winners WTP 2020
The Walter Tiemann Prize 2020 goes to Studio Krispin Heé (Krispin Heé, Tim Wetter) CH DE for the book Kolkata – City of Print. The award comes with 5000 euro prize money. The jury awarded two second prizes worth 1500 euro each. They go to Bardhi Haliti NL XK for May 25 is now October 1 and to Simon Merz DE for META – Publizieren als Kunstwerk.
140 competition entries were submitted from 15 countries. We would like to thank all applicants for their submissions and all patrons for their kind support. Special thanks go to the members of the jury: Ludovic Balland CH, Lilla Hinrichs DE, Kerstin Forster CH, Gesine Grotrian DE, and Bernd Kuchenbeiser DE.
Sponsors of the WTP 2020
- Academy of Fine Arts Leipzig — hgb-leipzig.de
- Cultural Office of the City of Leipzig — leipzig.de
- Michael Ehritt, Leipzig — InGestalt
- Fonts In Use — fontsinuse.com
- Kreuzer Medien GmbH
- Ricarda Löser, Weimar — ricarda-loeser.de
- Ingo Offermanns, Hamburg — ingooffermanns.com
- Peyer Graphic GmbH, Leonberg — peyergraphic.ch
- Pögedruck, Leipzig — poegedruck.de
- Rotary Club Witten — witten.rotary.de
- Schmedt, The World of Bookbinding, Schmedt GmbH & Co.KG, Hamburg — schmedt.de
- David Schnell, Leipzig
- Matthias Weischer, Leipzig
- Dr. med. Thomas Zarnitz, Leipzig
The call for entries for the Walter Tiemann Prize 2022 will start in October 2021. Entries must arrive in Leipzig by January 17, 2022. All details as well as the application form will be made available on this site. Applicants may submit books that have been published not before 2020.